Microsoft software can be purchased via the UTB HiEd store which offers of student discounts. You must be a current student (enrolled for a class currently in session) or a current UTB employee. You must have a UTB email account.
1. Visit the HiEd store - www.utbtechstore.com. Click on the Enter Site for Students, Faculty & Staff button. Browse for desired product and add it to your cart.
2. When done adding items to your cart view your cart and ensure the items and quantities are correct.
3. First Time HiEd Buyers:
Agree to the user notice and complete the web form.
The web form requires your UTB email address.
(Click here for help on locating your UTB email address.)
Your first and last name must be entered exactly as listed on file with UTB
(log into Scorpion Online to check).
In the University ID Number field, enter your 7-digit UTB ID
(without your initials)
A verification email will be sent to the email address you provided. Locate this email and click on the verification link.
Returning HiEd customers: Log in with your email address and the password you created when you originally registered with HiEd.
4. View cart and complete the checkout.
5. Verify eligibility when prompted.
6. When prompted, enter your UTB ID number and click on the Enter ID button.
7. Accept the user license.
8. Enter shipping information.
9. Enter payment information.
Note that software cannot be returned once it has been opened. Returned software is subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Note that new students will not be eligible to purchase software until the first day of class.
If you are a current student or employee and the HiEd system states that you are ineligible, or that your ID number is in the wrong format (ensure it is 7 digits), send an email to email@example.com or call 882-7453. Please include your UTB ID number.
Click here for info on how to use Microsoft Office Web Apps - free of charge. This allows you to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint online - without the applications being installed on your computer. The applications and documents saved online will only be available when you have an internet connection.